Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Just in case you didn't get our card this year, here it is...and my apologies! (Either I don't have your current address and attempts to get it were unsuccessful OR you didn't send us any cards this year and have thus been cut from our list...sorry, I'm not made of money here!)

We were so glad to finally get some family pictures and some really good ones of Leo at 1 year...all the photos are by Lauren Bertoldo of LuLu Photography. I'm not very good at just uploading photos into a pre-made layout- that is the obsessive control freak in me I guess- so I whipped this baby up one night in photoshop and had it printed...easy, fairly cheap, and ready the next day! Wahoo!

We love Valentine's around here- it is definitely in my top 3 holidays! (Haven't you noticed that I haven't changed my blog background since last year? I just hate to change it because I love V-day stuff so much! And it doesn't actually say anything about Valentine's...) I had made some tissue paper pom pom balls that hung from the ceiling with fishing line and a cute felt heart garland I saw on pinterest this year to add to our decor. We started the day with pink, heart-shaped pancakes with banana slices cut into hearts and mini chocolate chips. Nick had lunch at school so Leo and I ate whatever we could find at home...but for dinner we had red and white heart-shaped pasta with red sauce. It wasn't as extravagant as my original ideas, but it had been a long day and this was quick, easy, and super yummy. For dessert we enjoyed pink, heart-shaped rice krispy treats...Nick's was made into an ice cream sandwich with ice cream between 2 treats and the edges rolled in sprinkles. Delish! Other than that we kept it real low key this year- Leo and I enjoyed a walk to Sonic and I opted for a cranberry vanilla sprite instead of my usual Dr. Pepper since it was pink (and a close second I must admit!). Leo got a juice box and loved every minute of sipping on that straw while he pushed the stroller most of the way home- that kid loves anything with wheels!

Hope you had a day filled with love!

2 comments:

nick said...

I'm glad we went with adding the picture of Leo in the rocking chair. That's a good picture of him. You look great in those pictures, too, love :)

kellebelle said...

We LOVED our card! It is on the fridge where the girls keep oohing and aahing over cute Leo. Thanks again for the special Valentine's Day delivery for the girls, too -- it definitely helped to brighten up our holiday!