Sunday, May 9, 2010

I think I need to start eating Cheerios...

I give blood regularly and each time they tell you what your total cholesterol is- now this isn't a fasting test, but I figure it is fairly accurate. I donated on Friday and just found out that my cholesterol this time was 148!
I have peaked in the 160's before, and bottomed out at 118, but usually I am somewhere around 130. Looks like I might have to start pay more attention to what I eat! :)

If you are lucky enough to be healthy, go donate blood; there are plenty of people that need it!

1 comment:

Colleen Christensen, Photographer said...

HAHA! It's not just what you eat, ya know?? It's genetic mostly. Think about my grandma... she eats like a rabbit and her cholesterol and blood pressure are through the roof without meds. Or me... I never eat red meat, which is notorious for increasing blood cholesterol levels, and I run daily and live pretty healthily yet my cholesterol is ALWAYS 170. Never waivers. :) Kinda weird yours fluctuates like that, right? Give the Cheerios a whirl, you never know!