Monday, March 23, 2009

We've Been Busy!

Nicholas and I have been busy this last month!  So busy that I haven't taken time to blog about it!  So even though I still have a bunch of things on my to-do list for today and this week (throw a baby shower, prepare a sharing time lesson, etc.) I am taking a moment to share a few highlights.


My grandparents came to visit from Utah for a few days and so Amy and Belle drove over from San Antonio.  Belle was still getting used to the potty and so we all took our turns running her the restroom everywhere we went!  I had to work on Saturday morning and the whole family 
came to observe my Cha-Cha class...talk about 
pressure!  Isabelle joined right in and we got 
some great barbeque afterwards so all-in-all it wasn't too bad!


We took a shot at grilling our first rack of ribs to enjoy while we watched a Batman marathon- Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.  They were messy, but Nick had fun grilling outside in our beautiful courtyard and they were delicious!


Nick and I were chosen "Residents of the Month" which resulted in a beautiful gift basket full of goodies being delivered to the studio while I was working- 
what a fun surprise!  I demanded that we admire it in its entirety for a few days and now we are working on 
emptying it. :)


We hosted a Curious George birthday party for Belle while 
she was in Houston on St. Patrick's Day.  All of the Cosbys came over and we all got a chance to spoil her a bit.  I made the tomatillo dressing again and it was even better this time with a little bit less cilantro (you could actually taste all of the other flavors!)


Nicholas and I completed our first half-marathon together- my first ever!  We took 2 hours and 14 minutes, but we finished!  The course was down by the gulf and although it was chilly when it began, it warmed up after the first few miles!  Afterwards we enjoyed a barbeque while they handed out rewards and then we went home to sleep!  We are going to continue training and 
hopefully complete another one 
in the fall a little bit faster!



We just returned from a quick trip to San Antonio to celebrate Belle's birthday- this time with Ben 
and Tara!  On Saturday, we enjoyed a jog in the morning (I pushed the jogging stroller uphill...talk about a workout!) and then ate at Culvers before we went to Build-a-Bear!  Isabelle was very excited to actually get to buy something this time instead of just look...she chose a dog named Jack and was excited to take him home in his very own home.  We enjoyed a chocolate cake at home after a scavenger hunt to find the presents.  

Nicholas and I enjoyed quite a ride through the beautiful Texas country yesterday to get back home...but more on that (including pictures) next time!


4 comments:

Loni said...

Grandma and Grandpa said they had a nice time in Texas. The picture of Grandpa and Belle is so cute!
I need to take after you guys in the running department, you are all awesome. Keep up the good work!

heather said...

That dressing was SOOOOO good Alex!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Thanks for all the fun with Belle's birthday the last several days! Belle adores you both!

Katie Lewis said...

Man. I want to go to Texas and have bbq all the time. Your live sounds so yummy.