Wednesday, November 30, 2011

He's been longer out than in!


Leo turned 10 months on Saturday the 26th and has officially been alive outside the womb longer than he was inside...it is hard to believe! I hate that he is growing up, so I guess I am normal; each development is so exciting and depressing. He is growing up so fast and already trying to escape my smothering...he is often found trying to open the front door!


Just to shake things up (and make me eat my words) Leo has decided to be a little more difficult at meal times. He still eats fairly well, but is kind of weird about his eating...one day he will love feeding himself peaches, the next day he will eat them but won't pick them up on his own, the next day he won't eat them at all, and over and over again. It is much more of a guessing game now to see what he wants. And sometimes he eats a ton and others he wants nothing more than a yogurt. Oh and he definitely prefers apple juice to white grape...traces of arsenic or not! (If you don't watch the news and don't get it, don't worry. Just saying that I am not that kind of mother that is super concerned about every little thing...he'll survive.) I was super proud of him at Thanksgiving though- he ate turkey, went to town on the stuffing, enjoyed sweet potatoes and potatoes with gravy, fed himself many green beans and a whole roll. And of course he loved the pumpkin pie and whipped cream...duh!


He has started "dancing". At first I thought it was waving, but I realized it happened every time music was on and I am pretty sure it is his way of dancing at the moment- he puts his arm up by his head and shakes it...looking like he is ready to lasso something. He does it when music comes on the radio or tv or even just when his toys play their little songs. He has one train that he loves to push around as he crawls and then he will pause to dance for a minute...so cute!


Leo is getting really close to walking! He is getting better each day at standing by himself and it seems like it lasts a second longer every time. He likes to hold your hands- sometimes even just one- and walk around. His push toys are new favorites as they let him practice his new skill. Again, we are both excited and dreading this new development.


He now officially has 4 sharp little chompers- two top teeth and two bottom teeth. They all broke through within 10 days of each other and I am hoping we are done with teething for at least a little while...I could use a break! Now when Leo loves you and kisses your face it kind of hurts...but is still so cute that we usually endure a little pain!


There are so many things I could write about him, but I will have to save them for another day...my afternoon nap time is up!!! We love you LEO!!!

4 comments:

nick said...

And what a great 10 months it's been!!

Katie Lewis said...

Alex, he is SO adorable! How do you stand it? Looking at all these cute pictures makes me miss you guys mucho and wish we could visit you. Thanks for sharing such sweet pictures and tidbits about little Leo!

LWV said...

What a doll! I love that he is responding to the music and "dancing". I can hardly wait to see his fancy footwork and new chompers in person!

kellebelle said...

He dances!! How fantastic!! And already trying to escape via the door? Good luck with that one! ;) Can't believe how grown up he is becoming!