Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white...

I'm not sure how much luckier I could be these days, so for my first blog posting, I'll share the joy! (And Alee can update with more detail or info as she deems necessary :)

First, Alee and I signed a lease yesterday morning for an apartment! It's a brand new one-bedroom apartment and will be (hopefully!) finished for us to move in on the 19th. It's great in that we are only a few minutes from her parents' home and Alee's work, plus we get to stay in the same ward here, too. It's also right next to a park-and-ride which should make commuting to work for me convenient. We're very excited to finally be moving into our own place.

Next, speaking of commuting to work, I received and accepted a job offer this last week! It is a project accountant position in the property management side of Transwestern, a nationwide commercial real-estate and property management company. I will be working in the Galleria in Houston and am looking at a start date of the 17th! We are very grateful that I've been blessed with this offer, especially given the increasingly rough economy.

And lastly, (and secretly perhaps my favorite of all ;) while I have been writing this post snowflakes are falling outside! Yes, it is in the 30's and snowing here in Houston, TX, and I love it. No, it's not sticking and, no, I can't ski in it, but it's a good flurry here and I love that I am lucky enough to get snow in Texas :)

Thus, "the moral of today's story is:" we're counting our blessings!

-Nick

6 comments:

kellebelle said...

Wow -- snow?! You are lucky! And as Camilla would say, "Yayhoo!" about all your good news. We are so glad things are falling into place!

Colleen Christensen, Photographer said...

Big Fat CONGRATS on all counts!!!!! And you know what Nick, I'm glad you got some snow!! You deserve it!!! :)

Loni said...

Congratulations on both the apartment and the job! And what a bonus a little snow in Texas!

heather said...

Congratulations!!!!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Wahoo for your first blog post! And of course we are excited about the job offer and apartment.

As for the snow, this is a true Christmas miracle. I am sure it is long gone by now, but a miracle none the less.

Katie Lewis said...

congratulations! also, nick, i remembered the name of the band for that song i was telling you was stuck in my head the other day- better than ezra. i think so anyway. ok, well, have fun in texas! i miss you two!