Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Something is wrong with my right side!

I don't mean to be a complainer, but something is definitely wrong with me.  Now, no smart comments- I am serious!  I have just been really off and not great for the last week or two...fine, but not good.  
I will work from the top down.
My head has been pounding for weeks.  Now up until this point, a headache was a rare event in my life and would only last a few minutes at most.  For the last week, it is rare if I don't have a pounding headache.
My nose is still bleeding- kind of.  It bleeds when I blow and itches and is plugged when I don't.  It is really sore and raw on the right side.
Since last night I have had a pill stuck in my throat.  This was completely my fault...I didn't want to get out of bed to take the pill and so I took it with just a tiny swallow of water and I was laying down.  It kept me tossing all night as I can't really breathe if I am laying on my side.  I tried flushing it down with tons of fluids today, but mostly all it did was made me go to the bathroom every few minutes.  I even tried to melt it away by having a few cups of hot cocoa today...which isn't really ideal in 80 degree weather.  It has moved, but it is still stuck.
I have a toothache as well.  It comes and goes, but it is definitely there.  After all of last summer's dental work, I didn't even know it was possible to get any more cavities!
My arms and sore from today's workout- which is technically a "good" type of pain.  But still, it kind of adds to not feeling well when I can barely lift my arms.  
I have been nauseated most of today too.
My right knee hurts from running I guess- I usually wear my band on my left knee because my left one is the one that hurts more.  However the last few times I have been been wearing it on my right knee as it is starting to hurt more...today it did not seem to help.
My right foot is also a pain...now this is a weird one.  I started dancing in my latin heels and running 5 miles each day at the same time and I think I may have caused a stress fracture on the outside edge of my right foot.  Amy and my mom are my witnesses that I really could not even walk last week...I limped behind them on our shopping trip to find wedding attire.  The saddest part is that I wore by ugly running shoes shopping because my only other option were flip flops and the shoe salesman at the mall wouldn't let me leave the store without seeing some shoes...I must have looked hideous!  I have started running on it again because I don't want to loose my endurance I just built up- plus has anyone forgot that I am going to have to fit in a wedding dress soon?  Most of the sharp pains in my foot are gone though.
So basically, that is my whining.  I know I have much good going on and that I should just suck it up, but I really just don't feel well and no amount of medication, rest, or fluids is helping!  
So on to the good things- I did have a fun time tonight at my last Arthur Murray party for awhile- it was Hector's birthday and we had a cake and learned to cha cha.  It is fun getting to know the staff and regulars...I am starting to feel like I fit!  I am getting married in two weeks and have a very sparkly ring.  Also, I am absolutely completely done with anything and everything dealing with wedding invitations...woohoo!  And I bought a new black purse...

5 comments:

nick said...

Maybe you should call your left side your "right" side...cause the right side isn't quite right right now. ba dun, ching!

Marae said...

oh my goodness, you are falling right apart. please don't.

well, i came to your blog to leave you this dumb message, so i will.
it's 7th grader day and i'm tagging you to do some blog tag thing. i don't know how it works, but i think you go to my blog and copy the questions. hooray.

please feel better soon!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

It'a the pill making you sick to your stomache and having headaches. (I know a thing or two about headaches!) Hopefully you can just get used to it soon. Make sure you eat lots of tiny meals and that will help. You need to keep a snack in your tummy!

Please don't wear your running shoes to your wedding!

Loni said...

Wow, those are some serious complaints! I hope you feel better soon!

Colleen Christensen, Photographer said...

All I have to say is that I'm glad I'm not the only one with aches and pains. Here I thought I was getting old... guess not since you have them too! So WAHOO for me... but BOO that you aren't feeling great. Your body will adjust to things soon and you'll be feeling like your old self! I KNOW IT!