Wednesday, August 13, 2008

busy busy busy

I have been very busy lately!  I try to get as much done in a day so I can watch prime time Olympics!  They have been great and I am very proud of my classmate Jonathan Horton, who has done extremely well thus far in the men's gymnastics.
I submitted my first Dancebeat yesterday- there was a lot of learning that took place on this first one, but I am rather pleased with it and I think I did an okay job for just beginning!  The best part is that it is done and now I can completely focus on packing up and moving out.  I am going through a major purge of stuff, which is really hard for me.  I am not a super-pack rat, however I do like to keep things...especially if there isn't really anything wrong with them!  I know that I have had the same plastic cups for the last four years of college and it may just be better to spend two dollars and buy some on the other end rather than pack them, but I like those cups!  
I have also been exploring some new possibilities for wedding invitations.  It was so nice to think that they were all done and taken care of, but I am finding that I may be able to find something I like more than the original.  (For those of you who didn't hear- the invitations came to me completely printed wrong and so I had to send them back.  They said that if I wanted to fix them that I would just have to start a completely new order, so I decided to see what else I could find.)  I have actually been playing quite a bit myself in Photoshop and Nick and I think that that may be the best way to go.  I originally did not care for the idea of photos on the invitation itself- it just looked too casual for what I wanted.  However now I have played with it a bit I am realizing that there is a way for them to look both classy and clean as well as having the photo directly on the invite.  We will see....

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Alex! Bummer about your invitations! If you want to go cheap (but good!) :) I have a friend who is a graphic design major and she has been starting to do wedding announcements, baby announcements, etc. She is really good and is just starting to get a portfolio together. If you're interested I could let her know and she would probably make you a great deal if she wanted to do it. Anyways, just a thought for ya! :) If you want to look at any of her work her blog has some - it's linked on mine: Lyndsay and Nathanael Budge.
Hope things are great though! :)

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Get packed up so you can voyage back here to the Lone Star State. Belle is excited for you and Nickolas to arrive...I think she is like picturing you as our neighbors. Nuts!