Friday, May 16, 2008

so long wisdom...






(my swelling thus far, holding ice on my cheeks, our great invention- a tulle bow to keep the ice in place)
i remember vividly when i discovered my wisdom teeth were coming in- it didn't hurt but i could feel something behind my furthest tooth on the back when i was in the classroom part of drivers ed and i went to the bathroom to look at it. i didn't know what it was and got many opinions of my classmates before determining that it indeed was my first wisdom tooth. that was almost a whole seven years ago...so why didn't we get them taken care of then? my dentist thought i had room and they were straight, which i do and they are, but this new dentist thinks that they are eventually going to have problems and it is just easier the younger you are to get them out...less chance of breaking your jaw or through some sinus cavity bone.



my appointment was at 8:30 in the morning today and so the whole not eating for so many hours before wasn't really a problem. i remember everything until they gave me the iv...including the doctor and two nurses singing God Bless America which i know sounds odd but was not a result of my mind on drugs. they put the iv in and then told me it would be about two minutes- i was looking at a clock on the wall, upside down mind you, and i remember saying that it had been one minute and then nothing else until i was at home. i remember thinking it was weird that i sat in the backseat on the way home and i recall asking for "puppy" (my baby blanket that i still sleep with every single night), but other than that i dont remember anything until i woke up around eleven. then i was awake and have been pretty much all day. i have taken little naps here and there, but today i could only have transparent liquids and i just realized that the cranberry juice i have been drinking all day was a cran-energy drink :) no wonder i have been up and walking around and wrapping presents and talking on the phone and such.



the stiches on my bottom right have already pulled out and you can see a big hole- but they really haven't hurt too much today as i have been pretty good about taking my pain pills every four hours. i have been pretty good too about keeping ice on and off my cheeks too and i know it will get worse before it gets better probably, but it really hasn't been that bad yet. i have had a lot to drink today but nothing to eat and i am kind of hungry but not really starving or anything. i watched a lot of tv today...The Kid in parts and Return to Me and college Jeopardy and Oprah's favorite summer things (even though i really do not care for oprah one bit).



anywho, that was my experience! everyone has told me theirs and i have promised not to be one of those people who tell their experience over and over and so here it is documented for once!

4 comments:

Marae said...

oh, dear! if only i were there to spoon-feed you banana maverick. my favorite part was the "God bless America" song. hehe. and, you barely look swollen! lucky lucky. i just got your email...

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

You were the best looking wisdom-teeth patient I ever saw! Hopefully yuor teeth woes are over. Belle misses you already! We are sad our little visit with you is already over!

Kevin Tame said...

Hey I found your blog. How are things going?

Sarah said...

Wisdom teeth are the worst!!! You look a lot better than I did though!