Saturday, May 24, 2008

good to be...home?

"home" is a relative term i guess. i am back in provo and it is nice to be back in the swing of things...even though my mother called to tell me that my flowers from nicholas which i left at home look even more beautiful than when i left- yeesh, thanks! :) i don't go to school and i have no job, yet, so my days are filled with doing all sorts of things everyone wishes they had time for...it is lovely thus far. i take time to make real meals- my fish tacos for lunch yesterday were pretty good if i can say so myself. last night i did have fruity pebbles and honey ice cream though for dinner- but that was purely by choice.
i cut up a whole big watermelon and have been eating it for the last few days...it is so good and makes me excited for summer. my roommate actually saw me cutting it up and said that i had a real knack for it and was the best watermelon cutter she had ever seen. i was just doing what i had always seen done by my mom- cut it into rings and then cut off the rind and then cube it...all while picking out the seeds with the end of the knife.
yesterday i went shopping with nicholas- he wants/needs a new suit and so we went looking around. you should be very proud...we went to the mall and i did not even look at one thing for me! i mean, we did not even go in to BR...that is pretty dang grown-up restraint right there! well, i did end up showing him just one sparkly thing i wanted, but he asked :) the day was made complete with the swedish fish we got when we ran through the wilk. i still kind of have to chew them with my front teeth as they get stuck in my wisdom teeth holes, but they are still the best candies i know of. i would recommend that you go get some right now!

2 comments:

Marae said...

thank you for appreciating my fish of choice. i almost went and got some when i read that, but realized that i already have some.

Sarah said...

Don't you love the honey bee icecream?? Your fish tacos sound really good too!! Come visit us before you get a job!!!