Monday, March 9, 2015

Christmas 2014, Part 1

I haven't figured out a rhythm yet...of how to get all of my pics onto the computer so I can blog...or how to blog (quickly) from my phone...etc etc.  So I am backed up but trying harder.  Here we go on Christmas...what I can remember!


Here are the kids in their Christmas outfits the Sunday before Christmas (which was on a Thursday).  Trying to get a good picture of them together at this stage was not fun, even though they are happy kids.  June wasn't sitting up yet and would only push up with her arms whenever she wanted....and Leo...was just an almost-4 year old boy.  When I asked him to stand nicely for the camera he did this pose on on the top...he claimed he wanted everyone to see his belt. When I said not to smile like that he did the pose on the bottom...


We had plenty of Christmas festivities during the month of December, including a ward party, a date to the Cosby girls' Nutcracker ballet performance, and me leaving Junie for the first time at night to attend a Christmas dinner with Nick's co-workers.  Leo went with Grammie to their ward Christmas party while June stayed at home with a babysitter (!) named Emy for about an hour and then Grammie and Grandpa brought Leo home and took over with June.  We all survived but that first time away from your baby at bedtime is so hard!  (Even though we were a little late to dinner so I could nurse June and do everything but actually rock her to sleep.)


 It was so fun to have Christmas with two little ones this year.  I had fun Christmas shopping and wrapping gifts and doing crafts with Leo...especially when it is still decent weather outside :)  We were all excited for Nick to take some much-needed vacation time so we could head to Colorado to spend the holidays at Nick's parents' home.  Packing for two little ones, including all of our Christmas gifts, was not as fun however...

No comments: