Monday, January 7, 2013

Waiting

Waiting is hard.  We had an incredibly busy month and now we are just sitting, waiting.  Waiting to close on a house that seems to get further away each day.  Waiting to start a new job.  Waiting to start a new routine. Waiting to get back to normal.

I am not good at waiting.  And to make it worse, it is the beginning of a new year- the time when you want to make goals and get things going...and I feel like my hands are just tied.  Sure I have started a few things, but I just feel like I can't get into a rhythm because everything is so not-normal right now.

And don't even get me started on Leo...I try to wrap my head around the thought that he is just not going to function normally until we get back to our own routine in our own place, but it is hard to let that sit. (Especially since it is looking like mid-February before we get settled in our new home now...ugh.)  Mentally I get it...I just can't not let it bug me!  He hasn't had a normal nap and night's sleep since December 18th and I am more than physically tired.  Plus let's add in that he is turning 2 this month...I could probably just leave it at that.  He is cute and smart and funny...and just so much trouble!

I feel like there is so much for us to do and yet I am bored because I can't do anything.  It is an extremely frustrating feeling.  And I know you are probably thinking that I should just relax and enjoy the break- believe me I am trying- but it is hard to enjoy living out of a suitcase, per se.  After a few weeks of "vacation" I am just ready to go home...but we are homeless!

In other news, Nick and I started INSANITY...yeah, like that is going to help my mood, huh?  Basically I am tired and hungry which makes me feel more whiny, but I at least have hopes that in 60 days I will be so buff you won't even recognize me.  Hey, a girl had got to dream...at this point it is about all I AM doing!

Dream on.

2 comments:

nick said...

At least we're waiting together, right ;) Love you!

kellebelle said...

This post makes me think of the song "Waiting for Life" from the musical Once On This Island. Yes, waiting is hard. And everything is more difficult when you're not sleeping well. I hope Leo will start napping and sleeping better in the meantime, and that February will come quickly!