Thursday, May 17, 2012

Crazy Week

This has been a busy week...and it isn't over yet!  While I have a free minute (finally!) let us recap:

Sunday - Mother's Day...Nick speaks in church, teaches Sunday School, gets set apart as Ward Mission Leader while I wrangle Leo and sub in primary.  We try to celebrate the holiday while we pack and get things together for...

Monday - Nick leaves before 6am to drive to his first day of the internship with ExxonMobil in Houston.  Leo and I follow with a car load of stuff a couple hours later and try to make the upstairs of my parents' house our home away from home for the summer- go grocery shopping, fill up a shelf in the pantry of Leo and Nick approved items, stock the bathroom, assemble a crib we are borrowing for the summer, etc.  Our plan is that Nick will stay there most weekdays and come home for the weekend while Leo and I will be bouncing back and forth every few days to feed Koshka, do work, etc.  I think the plan sounded better a few weeks ago...now I see that I pretty much am never going to be able to keep 2 households like I want!  There is always laundry and cleaning and grocery shopping waiting for me somewhere!

Tuesday - I join my mom's running group...good news is that they were slow enough for me to make it the whole 5 miles...bad news is that they go at 5:15am.  Leo actually takes a nap in his new crib, which he did not the day before, and then we head to celebrate my mom's birthday with her friends at Gringos.  I was disappointed with what I ordered- far too cheesy- and Leo only had french fries, but it was fun.

Wednesday - Work is piling up in my inbox so after Leo's nap we turn on Baby Einstein and drive the hour back home.  Koshka is thrilled to see us, even letting me pet her without biting me!  Woohoo!  Leo's newest cousin Clara is born and we ooh and ahh over pictures while he points to the computer and says "buh-bee" all day!  So cute!  I try to focus on letting Leo play for a few hours before bed, walking over to the park even though it is too hot already, so I don't feel guilty ignoring him completely once I get him in bed.  Start working as soon as he is asleep and don't look up from my computer until after midnight.

Thursday - Leo is up before 6am for some reason so I get an early start on work.  I hit it hard for a few hours while Leo has breakfast, watches far too many cartoons, and plays with all his cars and am done by 9am.  Manage a quick shower and play with Leo until nap time, then we both nap.  After lunch we hit the park again (this time we go to one that has more shade and take advantage of Sonic happy hour on the way) and one of our friends meets us there for a bit.  I manage to get our evening routine done early with a few minutes to spare before Nick makes an appearance- he had a missionary meeting tonight so he drove all the way home.  The boys play for about 20 minutes before Nick is off and Leo and I start the bedtime routine.  Once he is in bed I contemplate just going to bed myself, however instead opt for a bath and half of a pedicure (I got my toes all ready but then remembered we just ran out of nail polish remover!  At least the hard work is done and I just have to remove and repaint now.)  Nick still wasn't home so I thought I'd blog...someday we are going to want to remember this time right?

Tomorrow morning Nick will make the long drive in to Houston and Leo and I will follow a few hours later again...usually we would stay at home for the weekend but my mom's birthday is on Saturday, seminary graduation that she wants my help with is on Sunday, and my sister Tara is flying over Friday-Monday.  We will be busy busy, but I guess that keeps us out of trouble! :)

P.S.  My birthday is only a few weeks away and I have asked for a camera (that is a whole other post...someday) so get yourselves excited for hopefully more photos!  I know this blog is lame without them but it just isn't worth it right now to go through so much work to get crappy photos up all the time.  

2 comments:

Loni said...

Busy, busy, busy! Good luck with the comng weekend!

alee said...

Yes, we'll want to remember this time :) 1 week done and I love you even more now than I did at the beginning of the week.