Monday, March 7, 2011

For my own sake...

I have failed miserably at one thing so far in motherhood- documenting Leo's every move! I have managed to snap many pictures (lots of them on my phone so they aren't the best quality) but haven't really written down a lot yet. So in an effort to appease that nagging feeling inside, and because Leo is sleeping at the moment, here are a few things about our little boy.


Leo is beginning to smile! He hasn't perfected it, but he is definitely working on it as you can see in the photos below. He smiles the most when we lay him on his changing table- I think he is so excited about a clean diaper that he just can't contain his joy! He definitely responds to mom and dad and looks distinctly at each of us when we talk to him.

Leo loves being outside; consequently, he also loves his walks...which I am glad for since I tend to be a bit more on the move anyway! Sometimes he falls asleep in his stroller, but sometimes he just stays wide-eyed and looks at every passing thing. He does seem to prefer being on the go...if we have been lazy at home too long and he starts to fuss, all I have to do is get him in the carseat and he is happy as can be to be moving again- this makes him an excellent helper for shopping and such! Wahoo!


Leo also loves his bath. Just last night we moved him into the next phase of his little bath tub that allows him to actually sit in a tiny bit of the water and he loved it! Hardly made a peep the entire time! He loves to nap with his daddy too...and I have many pictures to prove it!

Leo loves to lay on his tummy, either on my lap or on the bed. I give him regular tummy time each day and it is always the position to try if he is fussing. He also loves laying up on my shoulder...I can almost always get him to sleep if I put him up in this position on me. Leo is a great eater too; he only nurses maybe 5-10 minutes a side, but it seems to be doing him well as he continues to grow and regularly goes 3-5 hours between feedings!


Leo isn't the biggest fan of getting dressed, however he does really well and usually doesn't fuss too much unless we are taking forever. We are getting wiser and usually have a wipe ready to lay over him when we change his diaper so we don't get squirted...which has happened more times than I can count!

Someday I will get around to writing these down in a book for him, but at least for now there is some record. Plus we bought a video camera this past weekend so we can capture those first smiles, rolls, coos, etc. We love you little Leo!

4 comments:

Effie said...

So glad you got a video camera! You'll never regret that purchase.

nick said...

good post, my love...this is a good record :)

EVM said...

Loving all the details about little Leo. What a joy!

kellebelle said...

What a darling smile! :) It's fun to hear a little more about Leo's personality and preferences, too.