Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Astros vs. Rockies

Nick finally decided what he wanted to spend some of his Christmas money on- tickets to a Rockies game! They were only playing in Houston a couple of days all year and none of them were really convenient days for us, however it just worked out that I managed to get a Thursday off work and we headed down to Minute Maid Park.

The game was great- Rockies won :) Our seats were pretty high, but it was a good view and so we forgot that we were going to move down (it wasn't full at all!) Of course my favorite part of a game is the treats...Nick had a hot dog and I had a baked potato with bbq on it and I had brought tootsie pops for us for dessert.


The roof was open and it couldn't have been a nicer night- we even got the giveaway for being there early (laptop sleeves with the Astros logo on it...of course Nick wants to put a Rockies patch on it instead!) It was a great evening and we had a great time. Someday I will take Nicholas to a Rockies game at Coors Field....but for now, this did the trick! :)

3 comments:

kellebelle said...

Sounds fun. I'm happy that you two can enjoy baseball together. :)

Tara said...

Hey Alee, I like your dress! :-)
A baseball game sounds so fun!

EVM said...

Josh and I got to go to a Rockies game out here, too - it was a great game because the Rockies beat the Nationals 10-2. It's nice to be able to support your home teams every once in a while. Glad you guys got to go!