Friday, October 2, 2009

Take Us Out To The Ball Game!

Last weekend I was left to "hold down the studio" while all of the other staff went up to Dallas for a competition.  I wasn't exactly thrilled to be working all weekend.  However, my boss had tickets to the Astros game and obviously couldn't use them because they were going to be in Dallas; thus, he was looking for a new owner.  I couldn't use them all- I had to work during the games Thursday and Friday nights and Sunday was church- but I could go to the Saturday evening game.

We asked my parents if they would like to go with us, and they said yes.  So we picked them up and headed to Panera where we bargained that if they would get "dinner" we would get parking downtown.  We ate dinner- by the way, the new BBQ Chicken Salad is fantastic- and then headed down to the game.  We were within sight of the ballpark and so we started looking for parking spots.  I said "How about that one?" and Nick whipped into it across a few lanes of traffic.  It was a metered parking spot but the meter wasn't running so after reading a few signs to make sure we could park there, we headed to the game.


The 'stros lost to the Cincinnati Reds, but it was fun to see a game in person...TV just doesn't do sports justice.  Our seats were out in right field, but in the 8th row and so we had a pretty good view.  We watched until the bitter end and then headed back to see if our car was still there.  It was!  So not only were the tickets free, but so was the parking...and the dinner!  (Disclaimer: we did buy my mom a Diet Coke in a souvenir cup at the game!)

1 comment:

kellebelle said...

Fun! And all the better since it was (virtually) free!