Friday, February 13, 2009

Pandora

No, I am not referring to a box.

For those of you who do not know about pandora.com, I am here to spread a little joy.  Pandora.com is the wonderful website that lets you create your own music stations.  You just have to enter your email and you get to customize your own radio stations...without any commercials!  I have many stations ranging from Imogen Heap to Brad Paisley to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  It is a wonderful little discovery!  

I first discovered it back in college sometime but really started using it a bunch when I was a TA and stuffed into a little office for hours working on research and grading papers.  The music just plays through your computer, which is perfect for me who didn't have (and still doesn't have) an ipod to listen to while I was doing my work.  

Now that I am home all by myself- before the discovery that we could get 4 channels on tv with my dad's old rabbit ears- I would have music going all the time so it didn't seem so lonely.  It is fun to get to listen to music that I don't have to buy!  

Anywho, I would encourage any of you who are not familiar with this site to go visit and play around.  You get to put a thumbs up or down on each song and then it will customize your stations to all of your preferences!  It is a great way to listen to music you love and get to learn about some new artists that are similar to those you already love!

Try it out!  www.pandora.com

1 comment:

Mrs. Monsen said...

I Love Pandora! I have it as an application on my iphone! Its so much fun!